On the basic information page, you will see a button like this:
Click “Add video” and you will see a pop-up window as follow:
Note: Enter the video link directly on the URL Field, the video title and description will be prepopulated on the screen as follow. You can edit the title, description and the preview image for the video. Only YouTube and Vimeo are supported in Saladplate product page, and the video link should be public.
Please refer to the below guide on how to upload videos on YouTube and Vimeo.
After filling in the information, click ‘Save’ to add video.
Guide to upload video on YouTube
- Log in to your YouTube account (please open one if you do not have). Click on the video icon at the top right hand side of the window, which can be found next to your user icon, messages, apps, and notifications. Click ‘Upload Video.’
- Then, press ‘select files to upload’ to find the video file (3GPP, AVI, FLV, MOV, MPEG4, MPEGPS, WebM and WMV formats) saved on your computer. Or, you can drag and drop it into the window.
- Please add title, description and tags of your video. After finishing the upload, copy the video link (highlighted in yellow) and put it back to the supplier account.
Guide to upload video on Vimeo
- Log in to your Vimeo account.
- Click on the New Video icon at the top right hand side of the window in the navigation bar, which can be found next to your user and notifications icon. You can also click the “Upload Video” button which is located on the home page of the site.
- Then, press ‘select files to upload’ to find the video file saved on your computer. Or, you can drag and drop it into the window.
- Once you click the upload link, you will be taken to the upload page. You will need to ensure that you are permitted to upload the videos. You can only upload videos that are owned and created by you since it’s not possible to upload any videos that are copyrighted by anyone else. A few suggestions on the information page:
- Add a SEO friendly title
- Add a description of your video
- Add tags for discovery
After that, click ‘Save’ and finishing the upload.
- The link can be copied to Saladplate dashboard. The video should be made public.